2022 Green Chemistry Challenge Awards
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is now accepting nominations for the 2022 Green Chemistry Challenge Awards from academic institutions, companies and nonprofit organizations and their representatives. These prestigious annual awards are an opportunity for EPA to bring visibility to chemical technologies that incorporate the principles of green chemistry into chemical design, manufacture, and use.
While your organization may not be eligible to apply for an award, please consider spreading the word about these awards to any organizations you know that may be eligible. Please note that only academic institutions, companies and nonprofit organizations and their representatives are eligible to apply. Members of the federal government are not eligible to receive this award.
Nominations are due to EPA by December 10, 2021. An independent panel of technical experts convened by the American Chemical Society Green Chemistry Institute will formally judge the 2022 nominations and make recommendations to EPA for the 2022 winners. EPA anticipates giving awards to outstanding green chemistry technologies in six categories next June.
1. Greener Synthetic Pathways
2. Greener Reaction Conditions
3. The Design of Greener Chemicals
4. Small business (for a technology in any of the three focus areas developed by a small business)
5. Academic (for a technology in any of the three focused areas developed by an academic researcher)
6. New in 2022: Specific environmental benefit: climate change (for a technology in any of the three focus areas that reduces greenhouse gas emissions)
Please reach out to me with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit EPA’s Green Chemistry Challenge Awards webpage for more information: https://www.epa.gov/greenchemistry/information-about-green-chemistry-challenge.